Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Referrals are great

I just love referrals. Yes, the business is nice, but more than that it's such a lovely compliment that someone liked my images enough to recommend me to someone else. This is actually how my latest family shoot came about.

My friend Taylor's mother-in-law was looking for someone to photograph her and her husband with their four grandchildren, and Taylor told her about me (thanks sister). Whoo hoo! I just love the idea of a grandparent/child photo! My grandparents have passed on, and it's this time of year especially I find myself thinking about them even more. I loved holidays with them and while I spent more time with my mother's parents than my dad's father (my paternal grandmother died way before I was born), I have such lovely memories of all three.

Simply put: There's nothing like the grandparent/grandchild connection (my children have been blessed with FABULOUS grandparents) and it was so apparent with these lovely folks too. Here are some of my favorites.
I think this one is my favorite - probably because from this angle Wiley looks sooooo much like my Pop-Pop.



Oh, and Jane and Susan's parents got into the act too.





No comments: