Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkins are here!

My favorite season is the Fall. I love the crisp mornings, having a great reason for decadent hot chocolate, wearing jeans and a t-shirt (in Georgia you can do that), and I just love the changing colors of the season. I also love pumpkins and the quest to pick the perfect gourd. It's sort of an obsession for me. I don't know about you, but I much prefer the fat squatty ones to the tall thinner ones. There's just something about a round, fat pumpkin that is pleasing to the eye (at least mine).

So, off we went to Uncle Shucks with our Sunday School class. This year was a little disappointing though - the pumpkins were a bit picked over, and the gorgeous, sky-high sunflowers from last year were nowhere in sight. I'm sure this awful rain had something to do with it, but I was SOO looking forward to watching the kids run through the giant stalks.

Anyhow, I snapped a few pics before we left and ended up stopping at another pumpkin patch on the way home. There we found three for the price of one at Uncle Shucks. I guess I know where the Andersons will be pumpkin shopping next year! The boys loved the pumpkins we picked and of course haven't stopped asking me when they'll be carved. Stay tuned for the before and after pics. Happy Fall!

No comments: