Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Princesses in the park

I had the privilege of photographing my new friend Taylor and her family this weekend on the most beautiful, but hottest day of the year so far. After pushing back the shoot an hour to allow for more cool down, I met Taylor, her husband and her two delightful daughters in the park. While initially apprehensive about how her daughters would react (and act) during the shoot, it took all of 30 seconds for the girls to get comfortable and begin comically vying for the lens.

They were adorable, and we had so much fun. They played, they splashed, they twirled, they blew bubbles, they climbed fences, and then we sent their plastic Disney princesses softly tumbling down the brook leading into Sims Lake (don't worry, the princesses made it home safely). I even managed to get some quick family shots in between a few calls of "Miss Tracy, look at me!"

After delivering the photos (I try to be a quick editor because I know how anxious I get for new pics), Taylor left me the sweetest message of thanks. It made me smile and laugh out loud. I saved it. Thanks guys.




No comments: