Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter in the Northeast

I know I haven't written in a while, and there are a ton of reasons I could say have caused the drought: work, life, laundry, curtain fabric field trips. But, any way you slice it, I need to be better about posting and staying up to date. My portrait photography is starting to perk up again - including a booking with a local preschool - so I hope to have more session pics to show soon too.

The boys and I just returned from a six (should have been five) day trip to Philly/NY to visit my family for Easter. The extra day was courtesy of US Airways and some ridiculous cancellation system at Philly International. (Hooray! Five hours in the airport with two boys under 6 - sans biz tripping Bill - waiting to learn our flight's fate - fun times!)

For this trip I basically wore the boys (and myself) out starting with a 3:45 am wake up call for our 6:20 am Saturday flight (after a midnight bedtime for me following an amazing Sugarland concert). I don't think any of us really recovered the whole time we were home, and it didn't help that we spent a full day exploring NYC on foot (Jack's first time to the Big Apple). Nevertheless, we had a great time, rode the train and the touristy double-decker bus, braved the Spring Break crowds in NYC's ToysRUs and had an $86 (before tip) round of desserts at Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man. Sheesh! Below are some pics from the trip. (Sugarland fans - unfortunately no pics from that night. Show was incredible though.)
Coloring eggs turned into "let's see how many colors we can mix up in these bowls"
Hugs for Pop-Pop

Sam makes for a good head rest

Oh, he looks so sweet
Lots of "wow" moments for Sam on the train to NYC


"Hey, there's people on that train too!"
Littering at the Museum of Natural History - where the dioramas come to life at night ;)
Quick break and time for a long gaze into Central Park from the dinosaur room

No comments: