Thursday, October 30, 2008

Phinally!

Whoo hoo! To those long suffering Philly fans like myself who haven't let go of Mitch Williams' watermelon pitch to Joe Carter in the '93 Series in the bottom of the 9th: rest easy my friends, we're now THE champs.

I can't believe it. It's us. I'm really - IT IS US. Philly - the city who booed Santa finally gets its championship after so many years. At this point, I don't even care what sport it's in. I can finally put those memories of that ball sailing over the fence sometime after midnight to rest! The image of jubilant Joe Carter skipping around Vet Stadium's infield that ended my dream as a college senior of gorgeous Darren Daulton and loveable John "ESPN" Kruk winning the big one for my hometown is now a distant memory. Cue that Queen music and sing it loud! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

No comments: