Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jack William

Today is my Jacky's 4th birthday. What can I say about Jack? He's our rebel, our fearless second child with his OWN agenda. Wanna swim without floaties - sure thing! How 'bout pet a snake - can't wait! Can you check out that dark, spooky room all by yourself - piece of cake! While Sam was dubbed Serious Sam at birth, I think Jack has been quite the opposite.

I tell people I knew Jack was going to be trouble from the very beginning (read: no epidural, and he was 8 lbs 11oz), but really he's just the sweetest boy. I've seen him pick up a toy at a baseball game and walk it clear across a field to return it to the little girl who dropped it. He's softly kissed me on the nose as I sat on the floor crying after slamming my knee into the dresser. I've heard his teachers sing his praises at school and publicly wish for more students JUST LIKE HIM. And, I've heard him remind his older brother that rain is okay because God wants the plants and animals to grow up strong. He's just the sweetest boy.

What do I wish for Jack in this next year? To get a hit off coach-pitch, to have a bit more patience, to grow in his desire to read and learn, to be able to see his grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins more often, to keep that lovely and silly sense of humor, to love farts a bit less, and to know how much his family loves his guts. Happy birthday bubbie!





1 comment:

patty said...

I love that sweet boy! He's perfect just the way he is. Happy Birthday, angel!