Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Sam!

On Monday this week my Sam turned 6 years old. In that time we've laughed a lot: at ourselves during those initial attempts to "swaddle" (still never got that), at Sam sulking while sucking his fingers in a giraffe costume (say that 10 times fast), and at each other during countless trips to the park, impromptu dancing in the kitchen and watching our favorite animated features together as a family (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a must-have).

Anyway, Sam is a really great kid. We're biased of course, but it pleases me to no end when teachers, neighbors and sometimes complete strangers comment on how sweet Sam is. Bill thinks that means a constant pummeling at school, but I'm content with my sweet kid. And besides, he'll manage even if he has to outwit any would-be bully with simply his brain. You can count on that one for sure. (Yeah, I talk tough but really I want to bubble wrap him until he's 37. Bill says no.)

So in honor of Sam's birthday, I'll leave you with the song I wrote for him when he was a week old. I was inspired. It goes like this:

Sammy is my Sammy, uh-uh-uh-uh-uh (syncopated of course)
Sammy is my Sammy, uh-uh-uh-uh-uh
Rinse, repeat

Great huh? Love ya kiddo.






No comments: